San Antonio, TX
Remember the Alamo
Counted Cross Stitch Kit
|Founded by Spanish missionaries in 1724, Misión San Antonio de Valero was secularized in 1793 as the town of San Antonio grew around it. In the 1800s, Spanish cavalrymen named the former mission the Alamo. During the Texas Revolution, Texian and Tejano volunteers ousted the Mexican troops in San Antonio and occupied the Alamo in December, 1835. On March 6, 1836, Santa Anna's soldiers attacked in the pre-dawn darkness and by sunrise had overwhelmed the defenders. "Remember the Alamo!" became the battle cry for the remainder of the revolution, and serves today as a reminder of that heroic struggle. In 1905, the Texas State Legislature granted to the Daughters of the Republic of Texas the custodianship of the Alamo.|
Finished size 4½" x 2½" on 18 count Charles Craft fabric. Kit includes material, DMC floss, needle, instructions, and color photograph of finished project. Designed by Barbara Bangser for The Posy Collection.
To order this kit:
1. Call 210-225-1391 and ask for the gift shop.
2. Ask for Remember the Alamo Counted Cross Stitch Kit PC-1091.
For more information about The Alamo, visit the web site.
Back to kit listing.
Posy Collection home page